Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome!

Annyong! Thanks for reading my blog! This is a belatedly begun :) account of my adventures in South Korea.I have attached a few photos that should hopefully do a better job than I can of recounting our first two months in Korea. On the whole, I am adapting very well. We find Korea to be a place full of kindly and helpful people. We're well fed. People stop us on the street and tell us that we are beautiful. Spring has just begun and we live near mountains and the sea.The profusion of cherry blossoms is an incredible sight. The hiking is amazing and the food can be very tasty (and cheap). I do not like mung bean sprouts and don't really eat meat, so a lot of Korean food is off limits to me. However, the food that I can eat is amazing. Teaching is fantastic. All of those stereotypes about Asian kids being so meek and obedient do not apply here. My students are just as wild as American kids. But they're much more innocent. And really environmentally conscious. 


This post is kind of vague (and oh so full of choppy declarative sentences), and I know it. It'll get more specific as things happen here. Next time, a temple stay and (hopefully) a jimjilbong! Until next time, I wish you oodles of peace or passion (or both) and well being.  

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment